It’s finally spring, and time for some fun for the kids. All Melissa & Doug toys and art supplies are on sale: Buy 2 items at regular price and choose a 3rd item for free (lowest price, of course). We’ve got a great selection of new and favourite items!
- A Memory of Light (Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson)
- Speaking From Among the Bones (Alan Bradley)
- Tenth of December: Stories (George Saunders)
- 419 (Will Ferguson)
- Flight Behaviour (Barbara Kingsolver)
- February (Lisa Moore)
- American Gods (Neil Gaiman)
- The Child's Child (Barbara Vine)
- The One I Left Behind (Jennifer McMahon)
- In One Person (John Irving)
Offsite Book Reviews
- Book Review: 'Nebula Awards Showcase 2014,' Edited by Kij Johnson
- Book Review: 'Imagine There's No Heaven' by Mitchell Stephens
- Book Review: 'Capone Bloodline' by Tom Belton
- Book Review: 'Mind Games' by Christine Amsden
- Book Review: Mobile HTML5
- Book Review: How I Discovered World War II's Greatest Spy
- Book Review: Money: The Unauthorized Biography
- Book Review: Threat Modeling: Designing For Security
- How Important Are Cover Images for Ebooks?
- Discoverability: Goodreads
- Marketing for Introverted Writers
- What's in an Audiobook Review
- Marie-Louise Gay, Kathy Stinson shortlisted for kids' lit prize
- Journalist Paul Wells wins Dafoe prize for Stephen Harper book
- Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch, NSA reporting win top Pulitzer Prize honours
- Wayne Johnston, Red Green on Leacock Medal shortlist
I was listening to a few comments on CBC, (your partner in subtle coercion),
they spoke of a host of Independent Book Sellers closing their doors lately
due to technology and Corporate Parasites like Indigo and Amazon….this provoked a fresh thankfulness for you.
I have filled sketch books with charcoal drawings from your store,
I have filled books of poetry, paper and pens from your store,
I have felt like Robin Hood, stealing ISBN numbers from Chapters and ordering the books through you.
At Tidewater, not only am I recognized, staff inquire about my wife, children, grandchildren and my chickens….
even to what fresh greens we have growing in our light garden. (Tell Nancy, we have two living tomatoes ripening on the vine as I write.)
It is an honour to support your business, I am thankful for your interest and untiring work tracking some of those rare titles for me
and for the character you bring to Bridge Street and our town.
I enjoy sharing my books where possible with Max and Oliver, grooming your next generation of readers.
You, Heather and staff contribute such a unique and sweet splash to my town.
I am thankful for this, I am thankful for you.
After this last storm, bask in a little appreciation.
The old curmudgeon of Fatcity,
Join us as Munro’s long-time editor, Douglas Gibson, shares his stories and insights about Canada’s only Nobel Prize-winning author. Munro no longer makes public appearances, not even at the Nobel Prize ceremony, but the Festival brings you the next best thing.
As a follow-up to his successful show entitled Stories About Storytellers (and book of the same title), which was presented at least 70 times throughout Canada, Douglas Gibson returns to Atlantic Canada with a show that shines an intimate light onto one of Canada’s most beloved writers. Starting with a brief overview of Munro’s career up to the point where, in 1976, their paths crossed, Gibson goes on to trace Munro’s progress book by book up to the Nobel Prize ceremony in Stockholm, Sweden in December 2013.
Book Launch today! Please join us Thursday, Feb 20th from 6:30-8 pm at the Dorchester Public Library for the launch of Joseph Koot’s memoir “Looking For Bill, Finding Myself”.
Joseph’s childhood took him from a cheese farm in Holland to Ontario, where a tragic farming accident claimed his brother’s life. Years later, he found healing in hiking in Europe.
Everyone is welcome.
It’s the last week of our January sale, and we’ve deepened the discounts!
25% off Melissa & Doug toys and art supplies
25% off puzzles
40% off book quote pillows
50% off 2014 calendars & planners
up to 50% off selected boxed cards and journals
It’s time to make room for new stock. Please enjoy these January sales:
20% off Melissa & Doug toys and art supplies
20% off puzzles
20% off book quote pillows
30% off 2014 calendars & planners
up to 50% off selected boxed cards and journals
Salon, New Brunswick’s home for fine art and culture in the Telegraph-Journal, is seeking submissions for its 2nd annual Reader’s Choice feature.
Please join us for our annual Midnight Madness event on Friday, Dec 6th. Tidewater Books will offer 20% off everything in store, from 9am til midnight.
We’re also hosting an author event with Jennifer McGrath Kent at the public library at 7pm. Join us as she reads from her Christmas book “Gadzooks the Christmas Goose”. Copies will be available for sale, and we will donate 20% of the proceeds to the Tantramar Family resource Center.
Midnight Madness is a Sackville tradition. Come experience our welcoming community. Enjoy horse-drawn wagon rides, free hot chocolate and apple cider, a visit with Santa, and exceptional sales from your local merchants.
It’s Midnight Madness in Sackville on Friday, November 15th and Tidewater Books will be open until midnight with great sales! From 9am to midnight everything in the store is 20% off! Drop by for this fun and festive event!